To set-up a K-12 school or a Higher Education institution in India is a complex project. From the day of establishing the not-for-profit Trust or a Society or a Section 25 company, to the first day of school or the institution when the first batch of students rushes through the gates in expectation of quality education – it may take over 2 years.
To plan, design and develop a K-12 school or a HigherEd institution involves working with multiple agencies – local district education officers (DEOs) & state education departments, central education agencies, land surveyors, architects, civil engineers, real estate developers & contractors, fire & safety departments, state or national affiliating Boards, staffing consultants, curriculum planners, technology & equipment suppliers and others. The complex process needs experts to deliver each activity and ensure not just that the K-12 or HigherEd school is able to catch the first academic session as planned but also to complete the projects within the planned and approved budgets.
Eduvisors has the necessary experience to deliver turnkey solutions through its School-in-a-Box (SIAB) offering. SIAB is designed to develop the school of your vision where you control the process but the complete responsibility to develop and launch the school rests with Eduvisors. Some of the benefits that SIAB offers are:
- Project management expertise – experience of establishing over 15 K-12 schools and 5 private universities.
- Detailed planning – qualitative & quantitative research led feasibility studies and financial planning.
- Complete responsibility of execution – infrastructure design, construction, regulatory approvals and affiliations.
- Branding and marketing – effective admissions process to achieve desired enrolments.
- Best practices in curriculum development, lesson planning, teacher training etc.
At Eduvisors we confront each challenge sans any preconceived notion; our solutions are based on facts rather than opinions.
School-in-a-Box (SIAB) offers turnkey solutions to Plan, Develop & Launch a K-12 and HigherEd School. Leaving nothing to chance, SIAB covers the complete spectrum of project management and implementation services for K-12 or HigherEd. Our team of consultants and implementation partners offer following services as a one-stop shop:
- Planning for the institution is the first step to build a world-class institution and this phase resolves some of the following commonly asked questions:
- What is the market demand and supply?
- What are the Board preferences (K-12) or programs in demand (HigherEd)?
- What financial expectations can I set in the short (<1 yr), medium (1-5 yrs) and long (>5yrs) term?
- How should I brand the school?
- How will I get required regulatory approvals and affiliations?
- Where do I look for architects and developers with expertise in K-12 or HigherEd?
- How do I develop the right curriculum?
- What are IT and other infrastructure requirements?
- How can I get the best academic and administrative talent to run the institution?
- How do I design and manage the admissions process for desired admissions?
- What are the risks associated with the project and what can be the risk mitigation strategies?
Infrastructure development follows the planning phase. Being a capital intensive phase, it demands the highest level of project management expertise to minimize unplanned activities and cost overruns.
Preconstruction is a significant piece of this phase and includes:
- Acquisition of land
- Change of Land Use (CLU), if required
- Site Survey (digital)
- Soil investigation
- Architectural Design
- Schematic design
- Master plan
- Civil and landscape design
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Structural designs
- Sanitary and fire fighting
- Interior design drawings
- Project Integration Planning
- Scope and schedule Development
- Construction reviews
- Disruption avoidance planning
- Quality control and assurance
- Long-Lead Procurement
During the Construction Phase of a project, whether it’s a new K-12 School or a Higher Education campus in a remote location, Eduvisors mobilizes our on-site staff of experienced and knowledgeable builders – acting as the owner’s eyes and ears and interacting closely with the project team throughout the process.
- Labour subcontractor selection and coordination
- Materials/Equipment Procurement
- Construction supervision
- Site coordination
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) coordination
- Document and change Management
- Schedule management
- Contract administration
- Cost control
- Quality control
- Insurance administration
- Furniture procurement
- Interior contractor and carpenter management
- Materials procurement
- Installation and implementation supervision
- Owner’s fit-up coordination
- Final cost accounting
The last phase of about 6 months or so before the first academic session to the end of 2nd academic session is critical in setting up of a world-class institution, both in K-12 and HigherEd. Success in this phase requires proven and repeatable processes:
- Some of the organization processes that need to be established in a world class K-12 school or HigherEd institution are:
Innovative K-12 delivery models, school processes benchmarked to international best process and modern learning tools are some of the driving forces for School-in-a-Box (SIAB) offering at Eduvisors.
School-in-a-Box (SIAB) methodology follows rigorous and comprehensive planning to leave nothing on chance at the early stage of setting-up a K-12 school and the following framework lists some of the activities in this phase.
Develop and launch stages in School-in-a-Box (SIAB) are detailed to meet the key objective of the school and make it easier to run the school efficiently and effectively after the launch.
Higher education in India has evolved in a haphazard manner, creating excessive supplies in certain programs and unprecedented shortages in others. It has been forced to manoeuvre through regulations, employer demands, staff shortages and real-estate intensive funding requirements, all without compromising on the standard of education that the market demands.
Eduvisors, with a wealth of experience in helping higher education institutions overcome these challenges, has been facilitating systemic improvements through constant improvisation of curriculum, focused research, international collaborations and industry interactions. Our School-in-a-Box (SIAB) framework is designed to cover critical focus areas for appropriate sequencing of execution to effectively launch a new higher education institution.
Client: One of the largest school operator in the US
Project Scope: Market entry and implementation (two K-12 schools).
Project Summary: We were engaged to assist the Board take a decision on whether or not to enter the Indian market. Our scope of services included assessment of the market opportunity, mapping the opportunity and associated risks with the resources available with our client and subsequently finding the right partner. After identifying the local partner, we were involved in setting up of two (2) American curriculum schools. Eduvisors was involved right through planning, infrastructure development and admissions process.
Client: Industrial house
Project Scope: India entry strategy (plan) & implementation (develop & launch)
Project Summary: We were engaged to assist the Board take a decision on whether or not to enter the Indian market. Our scope of services included assessment of the market opportunity, mapping the opportunity and associated risks with the resources available with our client and subsequently finding the right partner for our client. Eduvisors was involved right through planning, infrastructure development and admissions process.